It's Tuesday which means a new Loves Rubberstamps Challenge! I have to say WOW! Last week we had 133 entries! How awesome!! It was so fun going and visiting each of the entries because we have so many talented players joining us. This week we are to use either Dies or punchies somewhere on your project. I used both on mine :)
For the card base I used a Stampin Up! Heart Border embossing folder and embossed it in sections to cover the front. My popped up white layer is embossed with a Cuttlebug folder that features a bird and some leaves. I embossed the bird a second time and cut it out to pop it up on a dimensional. I had to improvise and add a "wing" because I accidently got some blue ink on his white body that I had on my finger from dying my flower. I suppose it was fate since the blue I used is the Peacock Feathers Distress Ink by Tim Holtz- LOL! Maybe he thought he was a peacock! Soooo to create his little wing I used the smallest petal from the Stampin Up! Blossom Builder Punch :) Before popping this white layer on dimensionals I punched the edges using the heart border and heart border corner punches from Stampin Up!.
My sentiment is stamped with my new stamp set Shabby Chic Autumn Leaves from JustRite Papercrafts. I love the script on this set!
Now.... My flower is made from a used dryer sheet! I had seen this tutorial on splitcoaststampers quite awhile ago and had tucked this away in my "things I must try" file in my brain and so here it is...My very first dryer sheet flower! I actually LOVE how this turned out! Here is how I created mine...
I made two layers of each size circle that I used. The sizes of these are: 3", 2 1/2", 1 7/8", and 1 1/4". After cutting them out of my dryer sheet I just took my Distress Ink Pad and laid a circle on top and then smooshed it down with my ink blending tool. Then I laid it out to dry. I cheated a bit and heated up my heat tool and blew some hot air on them just a tad because I didn't want them to burn or melt. I then added ice stickles around the edge of the top circle for each sized layer. After they were dry I just stacked them on top of each other and finished with a pearl brad and added little half pearls around it for the center.
I mounted my flower on top of a couple of flourishes I cut out of green glitter paper using My Favorite Things Fancy Flourish Die-Namics Die.
Here is a closer look of my Dryer Sheet Flower...
I hope you like it! I will definitely be making more of these as I do laundry about everyday - UGH - LOL! At least I will have something fun about laundry now! I hope you have a chance to play along with us this week! Have a great day!
The Cheerful Stamp Pad - Challenge 51 - White as Snow
The Crafty Bloggers Network - Challenge 7 Flowers
Incy Wincy Designs - Something New - stamp set & my first dryer sheet flower
Make My Monday- Dry Embossing
Simon Says Stamp & Show - Embrace The Old - Embossing Folders & Old Used Dryer Sheet
The Crazy Challenge - #136 No Designer Paper
Use Your Stuff - The Circle Game
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Dream Valley Challenges - #48 - Anything Goes
CraftyMess Challenges - #24 - Show some sparkle/bling
Sweet Stampin' - White + One Other
Crafts 4 Eternity Recipe Challege - R#105 - Something New - Dryer Sheet Flower Technique
Stamping With The Dragon - Anything Goes
Stampin For the Weekend - Anything Goes
Totally Papercrafts Friday Challenges - Challenge #148 Something New
Little Miss Muffet Challenges - Anything Goes
Creative Moments - Emboss It - Anything Goes
Divas By Design - Anything Goes
Inky Impressions - Challenge 91 - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp - New Something - New Technique - Dryer Sheet Flower & New Stamp Set
Stampavie & More - Challenge #184 - Blue & White